For me, January has absolutely FLOWN BY, I can’t believe it’s already the last weekend. I’m writing this from my hotel room in Bergen whilst listening to Floss’ General Bops on Spotify. My dad is visiting so I’m escaping from penniless volunteer life and getting treated to meals out, new lush products and a lovely hotel stay for the weekend!
My hope is that you’re reading this and feeling that your year has got off to a good start, but, I know from speaking to a few of my friends that this hasn’t been the case for all of us. DON’T PANIC. There are still 11 months of potential left (and literally YEARS left after that!). The reason I decided to share my experience of reflecting is that it really helps me to identify areas of my life that I am paying either too much or not enough attention to. Sometimes life passes us by so quickly that if we don’t take time to reflect, we won’t evolve or advance.
I find that the easiest way to reflect is by asking yourself questions. I will provide a different list of questions each month to guide your reflection, but feel free to look back at the posts and continue using the bank of questions each month.
In terms of the areas you can reflect on, have a think about your progress in these areas this month: career, finance, education, health (mental and physical), family life, relationships, social life, attitude. This is obviously not en exhaustive list but perhaps a good place to start.
I find it helpful to write down my answers so that I can go back and look at them later on in the year to see if I have progressed. I realise that this does not work for everyone, so try and find something that works for you? Perhaps recording your answers via voice note or video. You may also find it helpful to share your reflections with a close friend so that you can keep each other accountable.
- What were my top 10 achievements this month?
- What did I learn this month?
- What were my distractions/mental blocks/fears?
- How did I make myself feel good?
- Who were the people that I learned from and who inspired me?
- What did not happen? Why? What actions can I take to improve?
- What are the greatest insights I have gained over the past month?
- How do I feel about my progress this month? How did I stay in the flow of allowing and enjoying the journey regardless of the outcome?
- What obstacles or fears did I encounter inside myself?
- What did I learn from watching my emotional vibration daily? What was the most common negative emotion? How did I accept, let go and move up the emotional scale?
Use your responses to these questions to help set goals to achieve in February. We typically think of goals as adding things to our lives, but remember that a goal can look like maintaining an achievement/mood/habit or doing less of something.
Tusen takk for reading! Please contact me if you have any queries/feedback.